Membership in the French-Canadian Heritage Society of Michigan (FCHSM) allows us to promote French-Canadian History and Heritage. As a member your support is invaluable to the continuation of these efforts to maintain our unique heritage for the generations to come. As a member you will share in the following:
- Michigan’s Habitant Heritage, the society’s quarterly journal that includes research articles, regional history, and translations of records not found elsewhere;
- Expert Speakers and Presentations at meetings;
- Research tips and resources;
- FCHSM Publications and other items at member prices;
- The opportunity to meet and share information with other members at meetings and enjoy our annual “meet and greet” celebration with shared French-Canadian heritage foods;
- Notifications of local events that support and promote the continuation of the rich heritage of the French-Canadians.
Joining is easy with several options. You can download the membership application, complete and mail it with a check to the Society (FCHSM), join at any meeting, or complete an application online and pay with PayPal as a guest or with your personal credit account. New members will receive all past, as well as future, journals of the current calendar year regardless of when they join in the year. Memberships run January 1 through December 31 of each year. Renewals postmarked after December 31, are considered late and there will be a $10 late fee.
2019 Membership: The annual membership fee is $30.00 to U.S. addresses or $35.00 U.S. funds for non-U.S. residents in Canada.
Membership Application – click on the link to access the application if you plan to send FCHSM a check with your membership application.
If you would like to join online as a NEW MEMBER using PayPal or a credit card, click on the ONLINE JOIN found in the vertical bar on the left side menu, select the Membership Plan you want and follow the prompts.
To RENEW a current membership online using PayPal or a credit card go to the 'Profile' page (found under Member Login in the vertical bar on the left side); you will be taken to your individual profile then:
- Verify your information is correct; if there are any changes you can make them at this time by clicking on the various tabs (i.e. Member Info, Contact Info, Alt. Contact Info, Custom Data, Member Settings); be sure to save
- Once you have completed this step click on the Renew Membership box at the top right side
- You will be taken to the Renewal Membership screen where you can enter your payment method information
- For added security, Check the Box and enter the code; be sure to click Confirm & Checkout to complete the transaction
- You will be taken to a screen that allows you to print a copy of the paid Invoice/Order Number